Friday, May 12, 2023

Mother’s Day 2023 at Antonio’s PGA Cars, Metro Manila, Philippines

 This is a post about Mother’s Day so please, expect a bit of cheesiness.

 I remember the times when my siblings & I planned how to best show our mom, at least once every year, that we appreciate her. Fast forward to today wherein I am a mom myself and I see the need for the fuss. I see why “being seen” is important. It’s a welcomed high when days starts to feel endless. This realization coming from being a mom for just 6 years; I can’t imagine the feeling when it begins hitting the 2-digit mark.


For my mom’s Mother’s Day, my husband & I decided to bring her to Antonio’s PGA Cars. 

Up the stairs we go!



 
  


For our party of 5 (yes, we brought the kids with us), we were seated in a booth nearest to the bar. The kids were becoming a bit restless and the bread came out just in time. 

We wanted my mom to experience the tableside serving of Roast Ribeye so it was unanimously decided that all 3 of us would be getting the Trolley Lunch Set Menu (Php 3,100/pax). 


While waiting for them to prepare the Lunch Trolley, we also had their Escargots De Bourgogne (Php 650). 



This is baked shelled snails slathered in a pesto-like sauce. You can eat it by itself (which I personally prefer) or with crusty bread; either way you go, Antonio’s got this right. Every bite yielded a soft chewy gelatinous texture swimming in herby garlic butter goodness. 


C’est delicieux!




With the escargots happily settling in our tummies, out comes our hot French Onion soup. These warm hearty bowls of caramelized onions were such a nice surprise. 


The kids practically inhaled their order of Duck Fat Fries (Php 200).

After clearing our plates, the wait staff quietly pushed the trolley to our side. 


*drumroll please*


Behold this thick slab of USDA Roast Ribeye served with Potato Gratin and Yorkshire Pudding smothered in Au Jus Sauce, topped with freshly grated horse radish. This was a tender juicy slice of meat that slices off easily with the knife. The potato gratin deserves a special mention as well. Food-Stars Recommendation? Ask for more Au Jus.

Halfway through, I was feeling quite full but I made sure to save some room for dessert.  Since my mom can’t have coffee & I wanted to share with the kids, we both got the Chocolat Pot de Creme.


As the name suggests, this is a cup of custard-like chocolate or as my mom puts it “Parang ice cream but not cold”. My children were asking spoonful after spoonful of this sweet pudding. 



This is Antonio’s Panna Affogato. This glass of roasted pistachios and honeycomb topped with the rich thick chocolate brought a smile to hubby’s face.



A pot of TWG Tea for Mom who is allergic to caffeine. 

Food-Stars Verdict:

 It came as no surprise that Antonio’s PGA Cars served delicious food; what surprised us actually was the service that we had. After informing the receptionist that this was a double celebration (Mother’s Day + son’s birthday), they assured us that they were going to prepare something special. We were reaching the end of the  meal and still no wait staff approached us. We simply chalked it up to a miscommunictaion between the kitchen & the receptionist. 

The waiter also neglected to mention that we can have our pick of coffee from the menu. Being his ever enthusiastic self, our waiter made the decision for us. He made it seem that Americano is the only coffee option. Lucky us, right?

What really pushed our buttons was when we haven’t gone a few steps away from our table and the same waiter blatantly checked the tip we left and made a face. I mean really? Irregardless of the amount we left (*we tipped generously*), I think part of their training should include sensitivity. Here’s to hoping that Antonio’s PGA Cars takes note of this in order to offer a much better dining experience in the future.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!


"make us your daily habit!"

SERVICE: ⭐⭐

TASTE: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

VALUE FOR MONEY: ⭐⭐⭐




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments/ reactions here!