Monday, August 22, 2016

Hubby's Birthday Lunch 2016 at I'm Angus Steak House, San Antonio Village, Makati City, Philippines

It's August & time to celebrate Hubby's birthday! For his special day, he decided that we were going to try a new place out. He was hankering for some fine quality steaks or something fancy at least. 

I'm Angus Steak House, Yakal Street, Makati City
From the outside it doesn't look like much. Also seeing that this was located in a neighborhood that wasn't teaming with other restaurants, it didn't give much of a good impression to me. 

Imagine my surprise when we walked in...




A semi-open kitchen, a mini bar and all the works of a formal dining setting. Learned my lesson of not judging a book by its cover or in this case, a restaurant by its location ;)




They have a large menu with inserts inside. We found out that I'm Angus offers special lunch menus every month (Php 885 + 10% service charge) which consists of 1 entree and 1 main dish. Seemed like a good idea to try it out. 


While waiting, they offer you complimentary bread with 2 kinds of spreads. If you prefer hot rolls, you can request them to heat it up for you. 


Aside from the bread, they also give you a single serving of what the chefs whipped up for the day. For today they served up these Air Fried Beef Roulade with Alfalfa Sprouts & Rose Petals
Cured Salmon (Php 365+)
This is Cured Salmon with Fennel Mousseline, Horseradish & Grapefruit. First time I've tried cured salmon & it tasted interesting. It still tasted like raw salmon that had more bite in it.

Tasmanian Cape Grim Beef (Php 389+)
This wasn't what I was expecting; why does my dish looked pre-chewed? Served cold and with visible pink blobs on the meat, I'm Angus certainly opened my eyes & taste buds to new heights. I suggest you quickly get over its appearance so you can begin your journey to yummy delight. The tender beef with the runny yolk, the crunchy pickled radish and the miso aioli all worked together to bring you a dish that's really something to remember. Loved this.

Lamb Sirloin Chop (Php 985+)
The lamb chops were cooked medium as requested. It had more bones than I would've liked but not bad altogether. I could've gone without the polenta which was dry and did nothing for the dish. 

Cape Grim Beef (Php 1100+)
Definitely carnivores by heart, we just had to get this. Cooked medium (pink on the inside with crust on the outside), the knife just slides right through the beef. The potato croquette with the sun dried tomatoes helped in highlighting the meat. Liked this one too.

All in all, Hubby's birthday lunch was a success! I just have to give a shout out to their great service. This is what fine dining ought to be. Keep doing what you're doing I'm Angus, we're definite fans. ;)

'Til our next Good Eat!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!


"make us your daily habit!"


SERVICE:



TASTE:



VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY:


I'm Angus Steak House, Makati City, Philippines
7431 Yakal Street, San Antonio Village, 
Makati City, Philippines
(02) 892 5852/ 8437286/ 275 5938

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments/ reactions here!