Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nailed It at St. Nails Spa, Petron Dasmariñas Makati

My first non-food post!

With a HS friend's wedding coming up, having my nails done was perfect timing. Was no longer happy with my former nails place so I was itching to try a new one. Ever-supportive Hubby was happy to go with me to a new place, especially when it's just a few steps away from the house. ;P

Loved that they offer their services up 'til the wee hours of 11pm. ;)
St. Nails, Petron Dasmariñas Makati
With a name like this, I was really hoping for "heavenly" service. 

Violet Velvet
You get to choose to sit either on their single Lazyboy-type chairs or on the couch. Preferred the single seating. Each chair came with its own matching foot stool. Notice the thin table? This added touch was such a great idea. Now I had a place to put my phone & tablet while getting my nails done. Also, having this convenient flat surface made it easier for my nail technician to work on my hands. 

Cup of Tea
They also serve cold water & hot tea upon request. Managed to take a picture when it was all gone. :) Another thing I liked was the hot compress for your neck. I was beginning to feel pampered.

Star Spangled Gel Polish by Orly
Like with other nail salons, they give you nail color palettes to choose from. I've always been partial to reds. Loved the name & the sparkles so Star Spangled it is! 


Meet my nail technician! Loved the fact that she didn't make those uncomfortable small talks; she just asked questions about my nail habits & last polish date. There was also never a moment wherein she talked to the other attendants there. Hay.. loved the peace and quiet.

Toe Ready
First time to try out gel polish. Heard that this kind of polish lasted for more than a week without chipping or cracking, perfect for the women on the go.  


It started like any regular manicure (buffing, cleaning, shaping and trimming). Next step is the application of the 3 coats; a gel base coat, gel color & gel topcoat. The excitement faded a bit in the middle of the procedure, I was getting a bit sleepy by this time. The Gel Orly UV lamps were used after every coat. Though tedious and repetitive, I knew this was necessary. This was to make sure that the gel polish would stick to my nails. 

Nail shot
My whole nail experience was done in 2 hours. Loved that I was able to wiggle my fingers & get things in my bag without the fear of smudges or chips! Gel polish seemed to do as advertised.

Smiles all around
Thanks for the great service! ;P

So did the Gel Polish made good with it's promise?
You be the judge!


My nails 5 days after. Still no chips & cracks,


My nails 2 weeks and counting. Still no chips & cracks. The visible nail growth is telling me that it's time for another nail appointment. See you soon St. Nails! ;)

SERVICE:


TASTE: N/A


VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY: 





'Til our next Good Eat!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

 Food-Stars
"make us your daily habit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments/ reactions here!