Wednesday, November 16, 2011

VMS: Mann Hann

Bummed out with the fact that I had to stay at home and miss our B session. Doctor's orders was to rest but his orders was bed rest. Managed to sneak a bit of blog time before he finds out! :) 

A knock on the door and surprise, this was waiting for me.

Take Out from Mann Hann
What goodies were in store? I couldn't wait for him to get home. Yup, I was that hungry!

Yang Chow Fried Rice
As soon as I opened the container, the wonderful aroma soon filled the air. The Yang Chow Fried Rice was good enough for 3-4 people. It looked really yummy. As I dug in, I was able to taste the egg, shrimp, veggies and ham. This was already a meal in itself. I managed to eat half of this by myself. Goodbye diet! 


Sweet and Sour Pork
  We were always on the lookout for the best sweet & sour pork. The pork had to crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. It had to be well-coated too. So with fingers crossed, I was hoping that Mann Hann's version would fit right in with our checklist. The vibrant orange sauce was enough to make my mouth water. Verdict? Well, one out of two isn't so bad. Although it wasn't crunchy, it was tender and well coated. Also the portions were cut just right. There was also less of the unnecessary toppings (onions, tomatoes, leeks) but this also meant that the pineapples were lesser too :( All in all, this was an okay dish. Would be ordering it again next time.

Fried Squid
When I read the name on the take out ticket, I was expecting a calamari of some sort. Was surprised to see that these were long strips of squid. Hmm... definitely something new to me. This came with squid sauce and calamansi on the side. Verdict? Not really a fan of it. Even with the calamansi and the sauce, I couldn't quite place the taste. It wasn't crunchy and it wasn't spicy, I couldn't make heads and tails of it. A definite pass for me.

All in all, Mann Hann was able to deliver more than what I expected. 


TASTE:

VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY:


  'Til our next Good Eat!

1 comment:

Post your comments/ reactions here!